Dining with Donald Eggplant Napoleon
February 22, 2022
- 2 medium eggplants sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 large tomatoes sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs mixed with 1 Tbsp of dried Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. fresh spinach
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Balsamic glaze for garnishing
- Create dredging station with beaten eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Dip each eggplant slice in egg, and then breadcrumb mixture. Special tip: Use one hand for dipping into egg and other hand for dipping into breadcrumbs. This will keep your hands and kitchen clean!
- Heat a large saute pan with olive oil to medium heat. When pan is hot, place breaded eggplant slices in pan. Cook on both sides until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- While eggplant is cooking, saute spinach on medium heat in a separate pan with a splash of olive oil. Cook for just one minute. Spinach will wilt slightly.
- When eggplant slices are done cooking, remove them from pan and place on paper towel to drain off extra oil.
- Create your eggplant stacks on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Place eggplant slice on bottom, then one slice of tomato, then cheese, and repeat. Top with spinach and a pinch of cheese.
- When finished layering your stacks, transfer sheet pan to oven. Cook at 375 degrees for about five minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and enjoy!
Discover dining at The Hearth! Explore our upscale cusine with innovative menus and fresh ingredients by clicking here.
Looking for more delicious recipes from Donald? Click here to discover his culinary journey at The Hearth and learn how to make one of his signature dishes!
There is always something new happening in the community!
Thank you for visiting The Hearth at Drexel's blog. We bring you new stories from around the community, featuring residents, services, and team members. You can read more stories from all communities in the Liberty Lutheran Family of Services by clicking here.